Whenever
my children are sick at home in the middle of the night, it's usually
me who wakes up to tend the child and clean up the mess. I sometimes
think that my husband could sleep through a nuclear explosion. (Okay,
maybe that's exaggerating just a little bit.) Well, last night, I learned that my husband can be awoken in the event of an emergency.
So, it's around midnight, and everyone in my house is deep asleep. All of a sudden, there's a loud "Thump, Thump, Thump, *Pop*". My husband sits up and shouts in an authoritative tone "Who's there?" while I mumble "What? Shhhh...It's okay." He goes in search of the noise wondering about the possibly an intruder, while I stumble into the children's rooms to calm them down.
Turns out the noise was caused by a couple of helium balloons getting caught in our ceiling fan. But it's nice to know that in the event of an emergency, I can count on my husband to be alert and take care of us.
So, it's around midnight, and everyone in my house is deep asleep. All of a sudden, there's a loud "Thump, Thump, Thump, *Pop*". My husband sits up and shouts in an authoritative tone "Who's there?" while I mumble "What? Shhhh...It's okay." He goes in search of the noise wondering about the possibly an intruder, while I stumble into the children's rooms to calm them down.
Turns out the noise was caused by a couple of helium balloons getting caught in our ceiling fan. But it's nice to know that in the event of an emergency, I can count on my husband to be alert and take care of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment