On the back of the Herbed Skillet Pastitisio recipe page, there's another appealing picture for a recipe called Brown Butter Chicken & Rice. Just a couple of ingredients, and a quick amount of time brought this recipe together.
I really liked how easy the recipe was to cook, and I loved the aroma of spices that I was using. But the recipe had some problems, too. I struggle cooking regular white rice outside of my rice cooker, and this time was no exception. The rice was undercooked and crunchy--not a good thing for my husband who doesn't like rice. Green beans are out of season, and canned beans just didn't add anything special.
In the end, I liked the chicken and the flavor of the rice, my oldest did too; but we were alone in our approval of this recipe. That makes this recipe get 2 stars and the recipe gets tossed.


No comments:
Post a Comment