Since I'm awake and it's WAY too early to go to school, I thought I'd update my blog (preserve for posterity) with an event that happened at dinner on Sunday night. To begin, if you didn't know that my brother Brandon served a LDS mission in Thailand, you either aren't a part of my family or haven't talked to me in person in a long while. Anyway, while Brandon was serving his mission, he had all the traditional cultural experiences, including eating bugs. (See pictures at end of post here.)
Well, while preparing for dinner on Sunday, Brandon and my other brother, Connor, were playing with my son. A small grasshopper had landed on Brandon's shirt. He gently took it off and cupped it in his hands. Someone (I believe it was my dad) teased him about having eaten bugs on his mission, so Brandon pretended to eat the grasshopper. My son was fascinated. Brandon then opened his hand to show the almost 2 year old that the grasshopper was undamaged. And just like that, my boy decided to follow his uncle's example. Everyone was shocked at how quickly his hand snatched the grasshopper and traveled to his mouth!
Now, before PETA or anyone else gets involved, let me say that no grasshoppers were hurt or digested in the making of this post...or in real life.
Luckily, Connor stopped my son's hand from reaching his mouth by a fraction of an inch. The grasshopper was released--probably wiser because of its knowledge to avoid 2 year olds and 23 year olds--and everyone laughed til we cried. For a week now, my son has been called "Grasshopper". I think I'm okay if the nickname sticks.
Ha ha, I was wondering what that was all about. Logan was close to eating a lady bug yesterday too. Ewww!
ReplyDelete