Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Costume

Progress was made on Kaylie's costume. Unfortunately, I think I'm getting a cold. After buying a zipper for her dress, I just wanted to lay on the couch and sleep.

Okay, the truth was that I wanted to watch the end of season one of "24". I was able to sew while listening to "South Pacific" (with Reba MacEntire, Alec Baldwin, and Brian Stokes Mitchell--lovely show, by the way, totally need to buy the soundtrack). But I just couldn't focus on sewing straight lines while trying to listen to "24".

While I'm on the note of musicals, I think that "South Pacific" might be getting close to the top of one of my favorites. I was reminded of how much I liked it last year when the local high school performed it. Brought back lots of memories from watching it in high school way back when. But today, while ironing the last scene was on. Nellie and the kids were singing, and then the kids stop, and Emilie sings, and she turns...and I started balling. They just don't write good stuff like that anymore!

1 comment:

  1. I remember not liking South Pacific when Dad and Brandon were in it a few summers ago. Glad there are people out there who do like it. You're going to post pictures of the finished costumes, right?

    ReplyDelete