Day 3 of New Recipe week and I'm still working in the Our Best Bites recipe book with Glazed Pork Chops with Apricot-Ginger Sauce (again, the recipe is coming from someone else's blog). I liked this recipe, but I need some practice with it to make it better.
I overloaded my pan with too many pork chops, so cooking was slow. I didn't pull out my cooking thermometer, so the pork chops were overcooked and dried. I only purchased apricot preserves instead of apricot-pineapple preserves and the flavor was definitely missing. The spices didn't penetrate the pork as much as I would want, so next time I will let it sit for 10 minutes or so before cooking. (That's a tip from this wonderful pork recipe from Cook's Country.)
With all those problems, the pork did turn out good, and my husband (who doesn't generally like pork) said that I should do this one again. That is a win in my book.


No comments:
Post a Comment