Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Salt-Baked Potatoes with Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Butter

 Two posts in one day because this recipe needs its own post.  To quote Nate, this recipe is so good that "if we weren't already married, I'd marry you on the spot!"  High praise indeed.

I found this recipe back in 2012 from America's Test Kitchen and I have always been pleased with the results.  (Email me if you need to for the recipe.)


What made today different, and worthy of renew our vows, was that I used Yukon gold potatoes instead of russet and Nate had roasted MANY cloves of garlic earlier in the week to make his own "garlic butter" (without the butter.). When served with sour cream and chives and the garlic butter (and accompanying the Glazed Pork Chops) this was a fantastic dinner.

This recipe takes time (1 1/2 hours) but the results are worth it.  The potatoes are soft and creamy inside and the skins are crispy and delicious.  And even though I made extras to finished off the bag of potatoes, there were no leftovers.  I love it when I get a recipe right.




No comments:

Post a Comment